Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Talilia Gadbaw-Cornucopia

Note: Every time you make a new image you have to start a new layer for each image.

Background: I first started off by making my first layer and picking an orange fall looking background to go with the them of the cornucopia.

Title: I made a new layer and used my Ellipse tool and changed the shape to square, and then I change the back ground color. Then I typed cornucopia with the text box and changed the color and font to what I thought matched the theme. Then I picked drop shadow  and adjusted the shadow so it was behind the lettering of cornucopia.Then added glow and adjusted how much I wanted it to show.

Cornucopia: Start a new layer and click on your Ellipse tool and start making small, medium, and large circles. Make sure to have the circles a different color then your background and the out lining a different color as well. Then start putting the circles on top of each other by size starting with the smallest ending with the biggest. The last (biggest) circle should be a different color from the rest of the circles. For example my last circle is black in stead of the color/texture I used for the rest of the circles. When you are all done and like the way your cornucopia looks, group the circles together.

Pumpkins: The next layer is pumpkins and I started off by using the Ellipse tool and making circles. then I choose the Gradient and adjusted the Gradient to what I liked and the color that joined the orange (black). I made the same size circles then staked them on top of each other. Then I got to the middle of the pumpkin and used the line tool to draw two lines down the middle. After this I took the freeform tool and curved them to fit the middle. Then I took the Ellipse tool and made a tine square to represent the stump. When I was all done I grouped the pumpkin all together and copy/past and created 3 more.

Grapes: For this layer I made a circle with the Ellipse tool then I picked the color and gradient for it that made it more realistic. When done with that I copy/past and created about 10 or so and put them together to form a cluster. After that I grouped them and copied and pasted the cluster to make 2. Then I un-grouped the second cluster and changed there color to green and then regrouped them together.

Potato's: Next layer! You start off with the Ellipse tool and form a small oval and change the background to brown. Then I also took the pencil and made little dots and lines to give it a more realistic look. Then I copy/past and made 3 more.

Apples: This layer you use the Ellipse tool to make a circle and then change the fill to red or green what ever you per fer. Then I made the stem by using the Ellipse tool and formed a tiny tiny square and change the color to brown. I also made a leave by making a circle with the Ellipse tool. I used the line adjuster to give it a different shape. Then I used the skew tool to rotate it and change the size to fit on the apple. If you want more group them and copy/past.

Corn: On this layer I started off with the Ellipse tool and made a oval and changed the color to yellow. Then I took the line tool and made vertical and horizontal lines on the corn. Then I took the Ellipse tool and made a circle and changed the way the circle looked with the freeform tool and make the ovals look more like leaves. If you want more group them and copy/past.

Pears: With this layer you take the Ellipse tool and make a oval and changed the color to a light green. Then I took the Freemfor tool and shaped it more as a pear. Then I used the Ellipse to make a rectangle and changed the color to brown. If you want more group them and copy/past.

Carrots: For the carrots you make a new layer and make a stretched out oval and then changed the color to orange. Then I used the line tool to draw some lines in it to give it a more realistic carrot look. Then I got the pencil and made the leaves by just drawing them on. If you want more group them and copy/past.

Nuts: Have you notice the pattern in making my Cornucopia in Adobe Fireworks? Lets make another layer shell we. On this layer you use the Ellipse to form a small circle and change the background to brown and out line to black. The you make a smaller circle (same color and out line as your first circle) to put in the middle of the other circle. If you want more group them and copy/past.

Wheat: The layer for wheat I used the Ellipse tool and made a small square and then changed the color to yellow. Then I made smaller ovals with the same tool and used the skew tool to adjust and movie them to around the steam. (Thin rectangle)

Leaves: For our last layer you will need the Ellipse tool to form a oval. Then you will need to use the freeform tool to shape it more like a leave. When down with that you change the color to orange and then grab the line tool. With this you make a line going down the leave and then use the freeform tool to adjust it to your leave if it curves of to one side alittle. Then you make lines from that main line coming out to the leaves sides all up and down from top to bottom. Then I made even smaller lines in the middle of those lines to give it more wrinkled, old look.





















No comments:

Post a Comment